Education Sector Members
Schools, colleges and universities play a vital role in the development of all industries, as the standards of our education system sets the benchmark for future business innovation, change and a professional skilled workforce. The education sector through all ranges and demographics is central to the long-term success of the UK, feeding a continuous flow of high-skilled and knowledgeable individuals for all other industry sectors.
2Simple Software have been creating powerful educational software for children age 2-11 for twenty years. Our software is now used in classrooms and homes all over the world; loved by learners, teachers and parents alike. We are committed to making teacher’s lives simpler with user-friendly, high-quality activities to meet many areas of the curriculum, and to making children’s’ learning more exciting – with constantly-updated apps and programs to introduce, reinforce and inspire learning in every child.
We have been providing high quality learning solutions for many years. Our short courses are designed as a coherent programme ensuring scalability and sustainability. All our courses are run by experienced industry practitioners and we pride ourselves in offering innovative study options for our professional courses that allow you to mix and match your study to fit flexibly around your personal and professional life.
Our Short Course Programme is inspired by an acknowledgment that L&D professionals and business leaders now need to expand their skills and knowledge beyond that traditionally provided by professional training. This allows their organisations to be agile, resilient and innovative enough to survive the modern world they operate in.
ABMA Education is an awarding organisation based in the UK that is recognised by Ofqual in the UK, as well as many government accreditation bodies worldwide.
ABMA Education was established in the late 1990’s in London with the aim to provide qualifications in a number of sectors for learners looking to turn their career aspirations into job success.
ABMA Education’s approach to learning is different, we work tirelessly to bridge the gap between education and employment by working closely with employers, education experts and our recognised centres to include the most relevant content and up to date skills in our qualifications. We believe that it’s not just what you learn, but how you learn, that puts ABMA Education learners at the forefront of industry.
Now based in Ascot, Berkshire, ABMA Education prides itself on providing a level of service that exceeds the expectations of our Recognised Centres and our learners. With thousands of ABMA Education learners worldwide enjoying the benefits of undertaking qualifications that ensures relevant and advanced skills at affordable costs.
Aerostar Aviation Academy
CPD Courses and Workshops Available
Aerostar Aviation Academy has no courses currently listed
ADGM Academy Limited
ADGM Academy is part of Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), an International Financial Centre (IFC) located in the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. The Academy has been established as one of the leading academies in the region, providing world-class financial research and training services.
The Academy helps position Abu Dhabi as a leading global financial centre, through it’s delivery of world class financial education and literacy. This is achieved through globally recognised educational and experiential programmes on a range of topics and qualifications in banking, finance, leadership, entrepreneurship, technical and soft skills.
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community UK
Established in the UK since 1913, we built London’s first mosque in 1926 (The London Mosque in Putney). We now have one hundred branches across Britain and have opened a number of mosques including the landmark Baitul Futuh mosque in south London, which is the largest in western Europe. A community that stands for education, integration and interfaith peace we welcome all to visit our mosques as well as our numerous seminars and events that bring people together to understand more about each other.
We are also committed to helping others, engaging local communities and working for the common good. On this we have a long history of raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for British Charities.
Reviving True Islamic Values.
Afrodigital Pan University is an internationally accredited online education platform. Our vision is to work with experienced professionals to create more skill-based online training courses called Pan Degrees. Afrodigital aims to develop a wide range of pan degrees for entrepreneurs, digital marketers and leaders. We have alliances with universities and international organisations who are accrediting our courses.
Advancing Access provides a variety of CPD resources, online events and offline conferences for teachers and advisers to help them support students’ progression to leading universities. We can also deliver free CPD sessions in your school or college.
- Resource strand 1 – How do I help my students choose a university and course?Online Course | Advancing AccessThis strand provides support for teachers and advisers who are guiding students through the decision-making process ahead of their university application. Resources in this strand suggest ways of approaching this process; the information sources available and how to critically analyse them. It gives specific information about leading universities in particular Russell Group universities; to encourage a greater understanding of the benefits they offer to students with the talent; potential and ability to attend.Enquire
- Resource strand 2 – How do I help my students apply to university?Online Course | Advancing AccessThis strand provides information and guidance for teachers and advisers who are supporting students applying to leading universities in particular Russell Group universities. It gives information on the key areas of the application process including personal statement writing; academic reference writing and additional admissions tests. This strand includes a guidebook; a presentation with accompanying notes; four quick reference sheets; and a teacher reflection sheet.Enquire
- Resource strand 3 – How do admissions processes work?Online Course | Advancing AccessThis strand provides information to help teachers and advisers understand how admissions processes work at leading universities in particular Russell Group universities. It outlines the process and provides examples of different admissions models operated by some universities. This strand includes a guidebook; a presentation and accompanying notes; three quick reference sheets and a teacher reflection sheet.
King’s College London
King’s is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge learning & understanding in the service of society.
CPD Courses and Workshops Available
- Postgraduate Course in RadiopharmacyTraining Course | King’s College LondonA four-day lecture course covering basic and clinical aspects of radiopharmacy practice. The course progresses though the general areas of introduction and review, radiopharmaceutical chemistry, regulatory issues, and clinical radiopharmacyEnquire
- General Practitioner Training: Medically Unexplained Symptoms (Persistent Physical Symptoms) and 10 Minute CBTTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis training session will introduce GPs to practical techniques allowing them to use practical, brief CBT interventions in their consultations.Enquire
- Oral Language Practice TrainingTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis course provides pedagogical knowledge and practice for oral training sessions through workshop and demonstrations.Enquire
- PET MethodologyTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis course is designed to deliver extensive practical and hands-on training on experimental design and PET data analysis which, according to a recent survey, are in strong demand in the molecular imaging field.Enquire
- Neuroanatomy for ImagersTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis course has been designed for people working in imaging but with no neuroanatomical background. It will introduce participants to the basic principles of the anatomy, the function of the nervous system, the major anatomical constituents and parts of the brainEnquire
- The Annual Maudsley ForumWorkshop | King’s College LondonThe annual Maudsley Forum offers psychiatrists, psychologists and others interested in mental health, the opportunity to learn about the most current advances in clinical and academic psychiatry, and to meet and network with dynamic, like-minded colleagues from around the world. The programme emphasises how research informs evidence-based clinical practice and is designed to appeal to both junior clinicians and experienced consultantsEnquire
- Radiopharmaceutical Quality Control Techniques: Theory and PracticeWorkshop | King’s College LondonTo provide participants with theory and practical experience in routine quality control techniques used in radiopharmacy, primarily radiochemical purity testingEnquire
- Implementation Science MasterclassTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis is a two-day course for health professionals: researchers: patients and service users who want to make sure health services routinely offer treatment and care that is based on the most recent research evidence. This includes lectures from world-renowned experts in the field plus guidance to help participants work more effectively on their own implementation projectsEnquire
- Simultaneous PET-MR: Technology and ApplicationsTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis course will be suitable for professionals already within industry; academic; and healthcare sectors who want to enhance their knowledge; increase their skill set; and mix with other industrialists and academics.Enquire
- eCognitive Behavioural Techniques for the Management of Dental FearOnline Course | King’s College LondonAimed at those working with phobic dental patients; this comprehensive course will provide health care professionals with an integrated approach to the management of patients with dental fear; with particular reference to the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The course will also provide practical guidance in how to successfully set-up dental services for the behavioural management of dental fear.Enquire
- Mental Health Skills for Non-Mental Health ProfessionalsTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis 5-day course equips non-mental health clinicians with skills in the assessment and treatment of common mental health problems seen in people presenting to general hospital. Each taught day has a different clinical theme covering: the confused/agitated patient; the depressed/anxious patient; the patient with medically unexplained symptoms; the substance misusing patient; and managing conflict. Students develop their skills in patient assessment using clinical interview and assessment tools; appraise research findings in a journal club; and contribute to discussions about challenging cases; in a supportive environment. Students can also participate in web-based activities and use e-learning resources to enhance their knowledge.Enquire
- Clinical Skills Workshop on Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA)Workshop | King’s College LondonThis workshop will teach participants key elements and techniques of MANTRA for different stages of treatment and how to sequence and integrate these in the treatment of adults with AN.Enquire
- Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA) Supervisor WorkshopTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis is a two-day interactive; experiential; intermediate level workshop. This course is designed for experienced therapists or psychotherapy supervisors who wish to implement/establish MANTRA (the Maudsley Model of Anorexia Treatment in Adults) in their team. MANTRA is a novel and highly effective therapy tailored to the specific needs and characteristics of people with AN.Enquire
- Epidemiology and Statistics for Mental HealthTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis course provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of designing conducting and interpreting research on mental health. Students are provided with a thorough grounding in core epidemiological principles and methods central to mental health research as well as the appropriate statistical methods for data analysis. Computer based teaching introduces students to using STATA statistical software for data analysis and reportingEnquire
- Integrating Care: Depression; Anxiety & Physical IllnessOnline Course | King’s College LondonAround 1 in 3 people have a long-term physical illness; and of these people around 1 in 3 also struggle with mental health problems like depression and anxiety. Symptoms like pain; fatigue; disability; and uncertainty around treatment can all contribute to depression and anxiety which in turn can worsen physical symptoms. On this course you will learn how mental and physical health interact. You will look in depth at the relationship between physical illness and depression/anxiety and improve your ability to recognise symptoms and sources of help.Enquire
- Early Psychosis: Latest Developments in Prevention; Prediction and TreatmentTraining Course | King’s College LondonThis one-day masterclass will provide an overview of the latest developments in early intervention in psychosis. It is aimed at both clinicians and researchers with an interest in the prediction; prevention and treatment of the illness.Enquire
ICSE in the Education Sector
The teaching profession, like many other industries, has recognised the need for training in order to keep abreast with new ideas and methodologies. Surprisingly though, ICSE is not as clearly defined nor structured as one might expect.
Christine Blower, the General Secretary of the National Union of Teachers, said: “Securing the Continuing Professional Development of teachers remains a challenge for the education sector. It is a policy that no government has yet got right. Establishing a right ICSE would bring a principle that has had productive effects in other countries. It would serve to strengthen the long-term commitment of teachers.”
Furthermore the Confederation of British Industry explains that “strengthening ICSE and career opportunities are crucial strands in re-motivating teachers and improving practice and, as a result, education outcomes. We also need to get away from the feeling that ICSE is something ‘done’ to teachers as they are professionals and part of that professionalism should be a sense of personal ownership of development.”
The Advisory Committee on Mathematics Education (ACME) summarise in their report on Continuing Professional Development that the Government should initiate urgently a process of developing & funding a long-term programme of ICSE for teachers of mathematics that meets their needs at various stages of their careers.
A new importance has been placed on Continuing Professional Development for teachers in Scotland. ICSE is now a statutory component of a teachers’ working life, and with this the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) has released new guidance for teachers looking to engage effectively in the process of ICSE. The GTCS explains, “If teachers are to maintain and enhance their professional practice, teachers will need to be making effective use of their ICSE. ICSE is what you do to keep your professional practice fresh, up-to-date and stimulating. Effective ICSE provides the reward of greater professional satisfaction. The more teachers feel this way, the greater the positive impact will be on the ethos in schools and on the profession. Teachers in Scotland are required to undertake 35 hours of ICSE per year, based on a mix of personal and school or local authority needs.”
- National Union of Teachers (NUT)
- Department for Education (DfE)
- Advisory Committee on Mathematics Educations (ACME)
- National Association of Professional Teaching Assistants (NAPTA)
- National Association of Independent Schools & Non-Maintained Special Schools (NASS)
- National Primary Headteachers Association
- Society for Research into Higher Education
- General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- Association of School and College Leaders
- The Society of Heads